This wonderful nourishing soup is easy and inexpensive to make. You’ll probably find that you have most of the ingredients in your cupboards already!
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 onion, diced
1 pepper, diced (either green, yellow or red)
2 teaspoons mild curry powder
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin coconut milk
1 tin kidney beans
1 tin butter beans
500ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Coriander to serve
- In a large pot heat up the cooking oil. Add the onions, peppers and curry powder and cook for five minutes until fragrant and the onions are translucent (you can always add a bit of water if the onions and peppers start to burn).
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and cook for a few more minutes. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the two tins of beans (liquid included), along with the coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Cook on a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with coriander when serving.
You need two tins of beans for this soup and any beans will do! You can have two tins of the same beans or mix them up like we did.